If you are planning a wedding (either at home or a Destination Wedding) you have probably realized that it can get a wee bit stressful (does anyone see the serious under-exaggeration?). Have any of you turned into the fire-breathing dragon yet? Luckily I have contained my evil alter ego! And so I blog… on stress!
It is my very firm personal belief that everyone needs to have a plan to combat stress. Here is what I am doing. First I joined Weight Watchers. This is because as a bride-to-be with a few pounds to lose, I don’t want to leave my weight loss to the last minute. Leisure is the name of my game :).
Second I have set up rewards for myself for reaching my weight loss goals. I will be getting a pedicure when I lose my first ten pounds. I will be getting my hair straightened for losing 20 pounds. I will get another pedicure for losing 30 pounds. I need something good for 40 pounds so if you have any suggestions I would REALLY appreciate that!
Third I will be getting massages throughout the year as a food-free way to treat myself for all of the hard work I’m going to do this year. My first is set up for the 21st of this month! I can already feel the bliss!
Other ways to combat stress:
- Take up a new hobby (learn to sew, try rock climbing, salsa, fishing, reading, star gazing… the possibilities are endless!)
- Girls/Guys nights. Escape with friends for a wedding-free evening.
- Pamper yourself… manicure, pedicure, facial, body scrub, etc.
- Take a hot bubble bath with candles and wine.
- Try yoga
- Lounge around for a whole day. No appointments, phone calls, responsibilities, nothing.
My new motto – NO STRESS!