Thanks to Anja Winikka I am happy to offer you some frivolous fun on this Wedding Wednesday! I saw this article and could not resist!
1. “Father of the Bride” The Scene: George fights with Franck to get the cheaper chicken: “Tell Hanck it’s not okay. If I have to move out all the furniture and add amps and repaint the walls and get a new tux and pay for swans, then I’d like the ‘chipper’ chicken.” He then proceeds to the grocery store where he rebelliously rips open a bag of hot dog buns because he only wants to buy eight (not 12).
2. “Sixteen Candles” The Scene: Sam’s older sister walks down the aisle under the influence of heavy painkillers while her dad tries his best to keep her upright.
3. “Rachel Getting Married” The Scene: This isn’t your typical wedding and that’s the point. The dance party reception wins as the invite we wish we’d received.
4. “My Best Friend’s Wedding” The Scene: Remember the scene at the restaurant when the entire table breaks it down to “I Say a Little Prayer”? Yeah, that’s the one.
5. “Love Actually” The Scene:The very beginning of the movie at the ceremony where the choir and guests stand up and perform a surprise serenade of “All You Need Is Love.”
6. “Four Weddings and a Funeral” The Scene: Hugh Grant’s best man speech when he admits he’s afraid of commitment.
7. “Wedding Crashers” The Scene: The montage to “Shout” at the beginning of Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson ripping it up on the dance floor at a gazillion weddings.
8. “The Muppets Take Manhattan” The Scene: The end to “Somebody’s Getting Married!”
9. “The Wedding Singer” The Scene: We know it’s not exactly a wedding scene, but the wedding singer’s proposal to “Grow Old With You” is classic and a total wedding movie moment winner.
10. “The Princess Bride” The Scene: “Mawage…mawage is what bwings us toge-wer today….” Need we say more?
What’s your favorite movie wedding moment?