This may not be travel related, but all I can say is THANK YOU RetailMeNot for the humor this morning:
- A whopping 65% of coffee consumption takes places during breakfast hours; 60% of people say they need a cup of coffee to even start their day.
- A French doctor in the 1600s prescribed coffee au lait to his patients, inspiring people to add milk to coffee.
- Old legend indicates that a goat herder discovered coffee when he realized how the bean was making his goats react.
- Hawaii is the only state that commercially grows coffee; the U.S. imports the rest.
- New Yorkers drink approximately seven times more coffee than any other city in the U.S.
- Espresso has one-third of the caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
- The coffeehouses in Constantinople were known as “houses of wisdom” because men would gather there to discuss arts and literature.
- Dark roasts have less caffeine than medium roasts because the longer the coffee is roasted, the more coffee burns off.
- The most expensive coffee beans come from the Asian civet, who eats the berry and then passes it through its digestive tract.
- According to the National Coffee Association, one in four U.S. households owns a single-serve coffee maker.
- The coffee maker was a top 10 purchased product through holiday in 2015.
Don’t forget to check your local haunts to see if they have any deals for National Coffee Day!